Daily messages,hymns,inspirational songs and lots.......more

Friday 4 October 2013

A stand for Jesus

Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ.(Philippians 3:8.NKJV)

Each day that comes I am convinced that we must take a stand for Jesus, not unlike the men of old, who counted the cost and left all to follow their Master.  We make so many excuses for why we cannot go with Him, and ultimately we give in to the world and all that it demands from our lives.  This then leads to an impotent witness for Christ.  Rise up now and base your life on His truth.  Do not be satisfied with mere men and women who long only for personal success.  Find your kindred in the likes of Paul and Peter, or Daniel, who changed the world for you and I. 

Today a minister sees himself successful if he has a church full of people, but success for Paul was the conversion of men’s lives.  Laboring over the lives of all those he met and taught, was his ministry. It was the few  Jesus gave Himself not the thousands that brought the message we share today.  You and I must leave all to follow Him, denying ourselves and all that our self demands.  Counting all thing lost except the all surpassing knowledge of knowing Him, Christ Jesus,that I may gain Christ

No comments :