Daily messages,hymns,inspirational songs and lots.......more

Friday 13 September 2013

Today's Bible Verse

"I denied myself nothing my eyes desired; I refused my heart no pleasure. My heart took delight in all my work, and this was the reward for all my labor. Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind; nothing was gained under the sun." (Ecclesiastes 2:10).

Summary of Solomon search about life:
"I denied myself nothing my eyes desired; I refused my heart no pleasure. My heart took delight in all my work, and this was the reward for all my labor. Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind; nothing was gained under the sun."
What a sad commentary on a life lived!! Solomon had search for meaning in life through wild living, he search too for meaning in life through accomplishments in work and our verse today tells us that he continued to search for meaning in life through acquiring wealth like no other had ever achieved. But, did that bring him happiness? Not at all!! Modern surveys show that the desires for material wealth actually causes happiness to be suppressed. In other words, the more we have what we want, the more we want what we don't have!! Jesus summed up this way of thinking when He said, "One's life does not consist in the abundance of the things he possesses." (Luke 12;15).Let us be careful not to make the same error as Solomon; he sought for the meaning of life in things and experiences...but, it was all in vain, it was meaningless!The meaning of life cannot be found in the things of this world. In (John 10:10) Jesus said that He had come to give us ABUNDANT life. Meaningful life can only be found in a living relationship with Jesus as our Savior and as our Lord. Do you know this JESUS?




No comments :